Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Extra Post 1


“I’ll love you forever,

I’ll like you for always,

As long as I’m living,

My baby you’ll be”

That is the repetitive verse from the book “Love You Forever” by Robert Munsch. My mom used to read this book to me every night when I was a little girl. 

The story is about a boy and mother and how her love for her son continues through the stages of life. On the end of every page, she sings the song to him while she rocks him. In the end, the boy is now a grown man, and the mother is elderly. The roles switch and the son rocks the mother and sings “I’ll love you forever, I’ll like you for always, as long as I’m living, my mommy you’ll be”. 

The bond that my mom and I made because of this book fills my heart. On the last day that I was home before moving into college, we sat together and read this book. It is a memory that I will cherish forever and a tradition that I want to have someday with my future family. 

Having such a close bond with my mom made it difficult to go far away to college, but now the memories that we make when I come home are that much more special to us. I think growing up having a book or song to look forward to or to connect you to someone is important. 

It was important to me and my mom because of that fact that I’m her adopted daughter, so we didn’t have that skin-to-skin bond when I was a baby and she got to see me for the first time in an orphanage at 6 months old. It doesn’t matter who you share DNA with, its who loves you unconditionally, and will always be there to support you. That is my mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Collateral

 On July 12, 2007, two U.S, AH-64 Apache helicopters in Al-Amin al-Thaniyah, New Bagdad conducted an attack known as the Bagdad airstrike af...